HOW TO APPLY FOR ERASMUS+ MOBILITY
About the Erasmus+ programme
As part of the Erasmus + programme, all SAN students, not only these with the highest marks, have the opportunity to go for studies or for an internship.
ERASMUS + STUDIES
Students who decide to go for STUDIES receive scholarships from 400-500 Euros per month which are tax-free. For example, a student going to Denmark for 5 months to study will receive approx. 2500 Euro for costs of living during studies at a partner university. Moreover, students who have the right to receive a social scholarship, are going to get additional 200 Euro/month. However,remember- it's always good to have additional money as well.
We strive to ensure that every student has the opportunity to go at least once during their studies. Each student has a total of 12 months of so-called "mobility capital" in first cycle studies (BACHELOR), and another 12 months in the second degree studies (MASTER).
The student can spend this time by completing a part of the study program at a partner university abroad, and / or perform the internship.
The Erasmus period study lasts from 1 to 2 semesters, during which the students participate in the classes, collect materials for the written Bachelor's and Master's theses, meet new friends, etc. They improve their knowledge of the language, gain invaluable international experience and establish contacts both of a personal nature and related to their academic interests.
Check the"Partner Universities" tab to find out where you can go for studies or simply write us and ask for our recomendations- email@example.com
HOW TO START THE PREPARATIONS FOR STUDIES
First, stay in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org. Start with a simple email introducing yourself by mentioning the field of your studies and whether you would like to go for studies or an internship. We will help you to find the right institution. For a complete list of places we work closely with and have bilateral international contracts , look at the Partner Schools card and Internships tab.
More information can be found in downloadable documents, recruitment rules, FAQ, but first- download the Erasmus+ App and make an account. Write that your HOME university is Spoleczna Akademia Nauk, go to Step By Step for OUTGOING students and follow carefully all the instructions there.
Remember to stay in touch with email@example.com
Fill in the "Learning Agreement" through the application. Everything you need to know how to do it is in Step By Step for OUTGOING students in Erasmus+ App.
STEP BY STEP
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS SEVERAL TIMES, VERY CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW ALL STEPS!!!
1. Erasmus officer sends a student's nomination to a partner university. Upon a successful nomination, a student gets an email from the host university with the information that needs to be read in detail and followed.
2. The student should visit the website of the university they plan to go to and find a tag called "Erasmus/International". The student should find the list of required documents for exchange students and send all necessary documents before deadlines. The student needs to make sure they add a properly signed Learning Agreement (more information below) to their application.
3. Before the application deadline of the host university, the student prepares Learning Agreement using Erasmus app.
The student starts by filling all the required data on the document about home and host university. Every required information needs to be included.
4. After that, the student needs to arrange the meeting with the dean, so the dean can choose proper subjects for the student during his Erasmus stay.
5. The student CAN'T FORGET to take “Podanie do dziekana” for the appointment with the Dean. Once the document is filled by the student, the Dean signs it. Then, the student send us the scan of the document (firstname.lastname@example.org) and he/she leaves the hard copy (the original document) in the Dean’s office.
6. The student takes to the appointment with their Dean also the list of subjects planned for the next semester at his home institution (this list should be given to a student in a dean office) and the list of courses for Erasmus students available in the host university (they should be visible on the website of the host university OR a link with courses should be included in the welcome mail from the host university).
The dean chooses proper subjects that the student will have during the Erasmus stay.
7. After the meeting, the student needs to put chosen subjects by the dean in his/her online LA on the computer. Subjects chosen by the dean in the host university must be added by the student to the table A, and subjects planned in the home university of the students need to be added in the table B.
The student is obliged to pass the remaining subjects at the home university (SAN).
8. After putting the subjects in the online LA, the student needs to meet the dean for the SECOND time to acquire the signature to the table “Responsible person at the sending institution” of LA (last table). There are 2 ways to get it:
A. Responsible person at the sending institution – The student puts in the last table Name and Surname of the dean and his/her official mail in @san.edu.pl domain- in this case the Dean will use his/her phone/computer to digitally sign OLA.
B. Responsible person at the sending institution - The student puts in the last table Name and Surname stays as above, BUT the email address email@example.com is input. In this case, the dean signs the paper LA with his/her hand. Then, a scan/photo of the signed printed document is sent to Erasmus+ Office, and then Erasmus Office will sign OLA digitally, based on the scan/photo provided.
9. Students MUST put in the last table of LA Name and Surname of Responsible Person and mails of 3 parties responsible for accepting Online LA.
A. email of the student
B. email of the home university (go to point 8)*
C. email of receiving institution - name and surname and email or responsible person - this information should be obtained from the Erasmus office of the host university
10. The student MUST keep us updated on the whole procedure.
IN CASE OF PROBLEMS WITH CONTACTING THE DEAN, STUDENTS CAN CALL MR ERNEST NOWAK, THE ERASMUS COORDINATOR- +48 606 388 854
11. Once the LA is signed by the student and the student's home university, the system will inform the responsible person in the host university about it. The responsible person in the host university also needs to sign the LA of the student.
12. The online LA needs to be signed aby all 3 parties (the student, the dean/Erasmus office, the partner university)
13. If the student is 100% sure that he/she is going for Erasmus and got the Erasmus scholarship, he/she MUST go to the dean office and ask for changing his/her student status to the ERASMUS STATUS in the internet system of Spoleczna Akademia Nauk.
If the student doesn't do it, he/she risks not getting registered in the Diploma Supplement
14. Students MUST make sure that they will also get in touch with your lecturers in order to inform them about your mobility and if required, make sure to agree on the most suitable way of passing the remaining subjects at SAN.
15. Students get 70% of their Erasmus+ grant before their mobility, and the rest (30%) of it is transferred to their accounts after their coming back and providing documents (Transcipt of Records, Confirmation Letters, OLS test, etc.)
Remember that if you get any mails from the partner university, please answer them and follow their instructions!!!
Students who decide to go for INTERNSHIP receive scholarships from 500-600 Euros per month which are tax-free.
The Erasmus internship period last min. 2 months, during which students work in different companies, organizations, etc. They gain great work experience, improve their language skills and challenge themselves in the international environment. An internship performed abroad is always a very good sign in CVs, so we really encourage everyone to try it.
Check the "Internships" tab to find out where you can go for an internship, or simply write us and ask for our recomendations- firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO START THE PREPARATIONS FOR THE INTERNSHIP - STEP BY STEP
PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS SEVERAL TIMES, VERY CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW ALL STEPS!!!
1. First, please contact the Erasmus + Coordinator to inquire about funding availability or future funding by the University- 1. email@example.com
2. The next step is to find a company from one of the Erasmus + countries (EU and Associated Countries) which would like to accept you as a trainee for a minimum of 2 full months (usually 61days) days. The internship cannot be shorter than this. Furthermore, your internship should be compatible with the field of your studies. Not 100 percent compatible, but compatible enough.
You have many offers and websites that offer different internships. Firstly, we suggest you to go to the tag at the top of our page www.erasmus.san.edu.pl to „Internships”. You have variety of options there.
Also if you happen to know someone from some company/organization abroad and would like to perform the internship there, it’s also possible to perform the internship in a company that is new contact arranged by the student, as long as it assures high quality training and learning outcomes.
3. If the Erasmus+ office has available funding for your scholarship, and you have found a company which agreed to accept you as a trainee, you need to prepare documents that officially confirm your Erasmus+ internship abroad.
4. Fill out the Practical Training Agreement (find it at the top of our page „Files”).
Put all necessary information, sign the document, and obtain the signature of the host company, and your university (Erasmus + program coordinator).
5. If you are obligated to perform the internship within the field of your studies, this abroad internship can be counted as your obligatory internship. However, to find out how much of the Erasmus internship is compatible with your obligatory internship, you need to contact your department’s internship coordinator and create Training Program together. The fact that it lasts 60 days, does not automatically mean that it will cover full obligatory practical training according to your syllabi.
The fact that Erasmus Coordinator signed your training program for 60 days, and your training program is compatible with your field of study, does not automatically mean full recognition by Department Internship Coordinator. We advise to consult training program and future recognition with Department Internship Coordinator or your dean.
6. After you obtain all the signature on your Practical Training Agreement document, our Erasmus office is going to inform you about to the next stages of your travel preparation, e.g. execution of OLS test, signing the financial agreement, money transfer, your departure and return details, presentation of the Certificate, completion of the OLS test, recognition of the University's internship and an entry in the Diploma Supplement.
7. Please remember that you are going to get the 70% of the whole scholarship before your departure to the foreign country. The rest of it (30%) is going to be transferred to your bank account after completing the internship and presenting the Confirmation from the company you had your internship at.
8. After completion of the internship you will have to have 2 copies of your Confirmation. First one should be sent to our Erasmus office (it can be a scan of the document- firstname.lastname@example.org, and it should be sent later by post), and the second paper version should be delivered by you to your dean office. Make sure that the person from the dean office recognizes your internship to the electronic system so it will be visible later on your Diploma Supplement.
9. After completion of the internship, you are going to get the Confirmation from your host company. Please make sure that dates on the Confirmation are compatible with the dates on your Practical Training Agreement and your Financial Agreement. If the dates do not match, you have to return part of funding. Please remember that the whole period of the internship cannot be shorter than 61 days, unless there has been extraordinary event. In this case remember to contact us as soon as possible.
10. Remember that you have maximum 7 days since your return back to Poland after the completion of the internship to give us the Confirmation from your host company/organization.
11. Students get 70% of their Erasmus+ grant before their mobility, and the rest (30%) of it is transferred to their accounts after their coming back and providing documents (Transcipt of Records, Confirmation Letters, OLS test, etc.)